So, if you are a budding entrepreneur in Dubai or UAE, stats are stacked against you. But, instead of deterring you, this should motivate you all the more to work harder on your business pitch. Your business pitch determines, more than anything else, whether you’ll get the desired funding or not.
In other words, your pitch matters. So how can you deliver a great business pitch?
Well, keep in mind the following tips:
- Keep it short
Here are some timing pointers:
- Take 60 seconds less than what you said you’ll take
- If prospective investors say, “You will only get “N” number of minutes to make a case”, you should finish your pitch at least a few minutes earlier
- Maintain a nice pace. Make sure you don’t rush toward the end
- Don’t stay on a single slide for long (anything beyond 3 minutes is too long).
- Tell your story
Detailed numbers, valuations and endless spreadsheets, although necessary, don’t excite anyone. If investors want data, they can get it from your term sheet or financial plan.
What they may want to know is the story behind your dream. Tell that right and you will capture and hold their attention.
- Focus on core components
Therefore, don’t waste their—and your own—time by highlighting things that aren’t really necessary. Use every second of your pitch time to talk about the core components.
- Explain your product clearly
However, don’t go on and on about your product. Honestly, investors are not so much interested in your product as in knowing how much your product is going to make.
So get to the good part—the money and how you are going to generate it —quickly.
- Explain your product’s uniqueness
If yes, forget about pitching right now and work on finding a truly unique product or service.
Investors don’t want to waste their time on a venture without any unique features.
- Tell them about your go to market strategy
Investors want to know your marketing strategy. And they will be all ears only if your marketing strategy is sound and airtight.
- Explain the revenue model
- How will you make them rich?
- How soon the money will start coming in?
- Practice, practice, practice
- Be wildly passionate
- Anticipate questions, and prepare for them in advance
However, you may lose their attention if you flounder with your answers. Therefore anticipate questions and prepare for them in advance.
Want help with business pitching in Dubai and UAE?
Get in touch with our experts. They can help you with everything, from creating a killer investor deck to business coaching and business plan writing.