You’re not alone. This is one question which many Dubai and UAE startups ask—and not without good reasons.
Startups in Dubai and UAE often have a limited marketing budget. This means they must do more with less. They must find an affordable and wide-reaching marketing tool which allows them to connect with more people, has an impressive conversion rate, and delivers great ROI.
But does such a marketing tool even exist?
The answer is yes—and its name is Email Marketing, the oldest and most powerful digital marketing tool.
Many other digital marketing tools have come and gone, but email marketing still remains the favorite channel of smart modern marketers.
Here are top 5 reasons why you can’t afford to not have email marketing in your digital marketing strategy.
- Email has a wider reach: It is estimated that there are about 2.19 million people on Facebook and 300 million on Twitter. These are impressive numbers and showcase the potential of social media from marketing point of view. However, impressive as these figures are, they look pale before data regarding email users. At present, there are about 3.8 million people with an email account. In other words, the number of people who use email is 1.5 times more than the number of people who use Twitter and Facebook combined. As you can see, it makes much sense to invest in email marketing because it has a wider reach.
- Email gets the message through: As a startup in Dubai if you ever have to choose between winning a new Facebook fan or an email subscriber, you should choose to add a new email subscriber every time. Research shows that 90 percent of email reaches the inbox of the intended recipient. In other words, when you send a promotional email to your subscribers, you can rest assured that the email will reach the inbox of at least 90 percent of the recipients. On the other hand, when you post an update on your Facebook account, only 2 percent of all your fans will see the post in their News Feed, owing to the limitations imposed by Facebook. This, in turn, has a huge impact on the kind of visibility your message will enjoy. Let’s say you have 20,000 Facebook fans and as many email subscribers. You want to share some promotional content with your existing and prospective consumers. If you’re going to put the promotional content as a Facebook post, the message will appear in the News feed of only 400 of your 20,000 Facebook fans. But if you send a promotional email, at least 18,000 subscribers will receive it. That is, your message enjoys a 45 times greater visibility when you use email instead of Facebook.
- Email subscribers want to hear from you: This is another big advantage email marketing enjoys over social media marketing. People who add themselves to your email list want to receive promotional content from you. By subscribing themselves to your list, they give you the permission to send them information about new offers and other promotional messages. However, the same can’t be said about Facebook fans. Just check your News Feed on Facebook to understand this point. You are likely to see ads by many companies in whom you might not be interested. These ads are appearing on your News Feed probably because you did a search on Google or visited their site and not because you’ve asked these companies to send you promotional messages.
- Email has a more impressive conversion rate: Because your email subscribers are more interested in hearing from you than your fans on social media, they are more likely to do what you want them to do—become paying customers. The final goal of every marketing tool is to convert viewers into paying customers. No digital marketing tool does this better than email. Research shows an email campaign on average enjoys a click-through rate of approximately 3 percent while a tweet has an average click-through rate of about 0.5%. But this is not all. Data shows that 4.24 percent of email subscribers who click the link to your site purchase something. On the other hand, only 0.59 percent of visitors from social media become paying customers.
- Email delivers a more impressive ROI: On average, email delivers a staggering ROI of 3800%. That is, email marketing earns you $38 for every dollar spent. Other digital marketing tools don’t even come close to this.
As you can see from these facts and figures, email marketing is the most effective digital marketing tool, but you must use it smartly to get the desired results.
For more information about developing a result-oriented digital marketing plan for your Dubai and UAE based startup, get in touch with us now.