Before you begin your tedious process, which will undoubtedly have a huge impact in your journey onward, check out some of the most common hiring mistakes that start-up CEOs make and that you may want to avoid at any cost.
- Hiring someone out of familiarity or generosity: When you are stepping in the professional field, try to maintain a relevant distance between your personal and professional life. As Dubai is a small community, you may come across many friends or relatives who need a favor. However, offering job opportunities to people based on their bonding levels rather than the productivity will force you to compromise work qualities. Therefore, hiring someone who’s more appropriate and experienced for the job will help you to get out of many awkward situations.
- Constantly hiring inexperienced people: Dubai is indeed a safe haven for people from the less developed countries to try out their luck and there is a great chance that you will meet many of these inexperienced people in need of a job with proper training. However, constantly hiring and training inexperience people will cost both time and money and keep your attention away from more serious concerns.
- Speedy hiring process: It is all right to be hyped up about the upcoming business and feel like going with the hiring process as quickly as possible, but a speedy process may leave you with many inexperienced or charismatic personae who may not possess the necessary qualities to carry out the job. On the contrary, taking a bit more time increases your chances of forming a passionate and well-balanced team.
- Hiring illegal immigrants: When you are launching a business in Dubai, you need to keep its surroundings in mind too. With thousands of immigrants from other countries, there remains a huge possibility that many will have their work visa expired or soon to be expired. You may also hire workers who do not have an immigrant or a worker visa and fall into legal complications. An effective way to avoid this is to remain extra careful during the hiring process and employ workers with a clean background.
- Creating cultural restrictions: Although many have already stepped out of this habit, yet it is not unseen that many CEOs tend to set their own rules and restrictions during the hiring process. However, this method is not always beneficial for the company as it eliminates a lot of competitive and efficient workers beforehand.
As you can see from the above-mentioned points, hiring is not necessarily an easy or an unimportant step. You have to set the bar as high as possible and get the best out of the choices laid in front of you. By remaining strict to your requirements and staying true to your company’s wellbeing, you can easily avoid these mistakes and form your dream team.
For more information about planning your startup launch in Dubai and UAE, do not hesitate to contact us and we will be glad to assist.